Douglas R. Polster, PhD
*Adolescent patients 13-14 and over only
Dr. Polster is a licensed clinical psychologist with specializations in neuropsychology and sports psychology.
Dr. Polster provides sports psychology services to athletes in a number of areas including injury recovery, stress management, and anxiety/depression, as well as performance enhancement. He has successfully worked with professional, Division-I, and high school athletes. Dr. Polster works with athletes to identify what drives them to succeed and assists them in leveraging their innate abilities to ensure the best results.
Dr. Polster grew up in a sports environment and played varsity basketball at Johns Hopkins University, serving as a captain his senior year. In his free time, Dr. Polster serves as a director of an LA-based social and fitness group and enjoys golfing and surfing.
- Fellowship trained in Sports Neuropsychology at the UCLA Steve Tisch BrainSPORT Program and UCLA Medical Psychological Assessment Center
- Internship at Broward Health Medical Center, Fort Lauderdale, FL, focusing on the intersection of medical conditions and psychiatric disorders
- Doctor Of Philosophy (PhD) in Clinical Psychology from Nova Southeastern University
- Bachelors of Arts from Johns Hopkins University in Psychology and Spanish
- Multiple research presentations at national conferences including the University of California Neurotrauma Conference and the American Academy of Neurology Sports Concussion Conference
- JAMA Pediatrics editorial on pediatric health-related functioning after concussion
- Member of the UCLA Steve Tisch BrainSPORT research team
Training and Certifications:
- Licensed by the state of California to practice psychology (PSY 29235)
- ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Test) certified