Amit Parikh, M.D.
Adult, Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist
“I enjoy building relationships with my patients and their families while working towards creating a personalized treatment plan which may include medication, psychotherapy, lifestyle changes, or a combination of each. I have an integrative approach, wherein I assess one’s psychological, emotional, medical and environmental contributors to behavior. My style is collaborative, person-centered and warm.”
- Two Board Certifications in Adult Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Nationwide Children’s Hospital and The Ohio State, named Chief Fellow
- Trained in Psychiatry at The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, named Chief Resident and received the Chief Resident, Service Excellence, and Intern Clinical Excellence Award.
- Attended medical school at Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, OH.
- Obtained his B.S. in Biology at Youngstown State University, Youngstown, OH. Summa cum laude.
- Published Evidence Base for Measurement-Based Care in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Provided Poster presentations for the Nationwide Children’s Hospital QI Symposium in 2020 and for the American Psychiatric Association Annual Meeting, 2018
- Presented at the American Psychiatric Association Annual Meeting,2019, and at the Ohio State Department of Psychiatry Data Blitz Grand Rounds, 2018.
- Conducted multiple clinical trials for children, adolescents, and adults pertaining to Major Depressive Disorder, Including Suicidal Ideation.
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- International Society for Sports Psychiatry.
- Practicing as a medically licensed physician since 2020
- Practicing as a Board Certified Adult Psychiatrist since 2020
- Practicing as a Board Certified Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist since 2021
Dr. Parikh follows evidence-based approaches and utilizes up to date resources.